The all NEW Gambler was designed for one thing and one thing only—pure, unadulterated speed. We made it to get you to take lines you'd never thought imaginable, to make you want to go to the bathroom before your race run - twice. We made it so that when you drop out of the start gate, the only aspect holding you back will be, well, you. Taking years of racing development and mixing it with our carbon expertise, this bike is our answer to the needs of white-knuckle downhill racing. The Gambler, Simply Fast.
- With the proper selection of materials, eighty percent of the work to create a frame is done. But the remaining twenty percent requires most of our efforts. For this reason, our choice of the most advanced carbon fibers in the market is followed by intensive use of specific tools, like FEA (finite element analysis) software, to map out the carbon lay-up.
- With FEA software, we can simulate different forces on a virtual model of the frame and adjust the frame construction accordingly. FEA software enables us to create complete virtual prototypes incorporating all the physical phenomena that exist in real-world environments.
- With our Evo-Lap technology we model the frame to optimize the surface area, simulate tube structures with different ply orientations, observe the results of using different configurations, and test the stress distribution in different areas of the frame. Thanks to this extensive computer modeling, we’ve optimized the carbon layers in all the parts of our frame. When the parts were bonded together in the first prototypes, the result was a super light and compact frame without a sacrifice in the stiffness, comfort or impact resistance. The entire range benefited from our EvoLap technology.
- On the Scale, Spark, Genius, Ransom and Gambler we’ve redesigned all the parts that can give us significant benefits in terms of performance and functionality. On the previous model the support of the dropout was a bulky additional part molded to the carbon chain stay. The new dropouts are designed to be integrated on the thru-axle system thanks to a hollow tubular design that allows a simple and light weight structure. Available for SRAM and Shimano DM derailleurs, this dropout increases the stiffnessand avoids damage to the frame in case of impacts on the rear derailleur.
One Frame Two Wheels
- With our mountain bikes, we try to achieve ultimate versatility. These specific models can switch from 27.5" to 29" wheels with nothing more than the flip of a chip. No need to change the fork, all you need to do is flip a shock mount chip, change your wheels and off you go. The flip chip allows us to maintain a similar BB height when switching from one wheel size to the other which is key to keeping handling similar for both wheel sizes. With 27.5" wheels, you can run either 2.5", 2.6" or 2.8" tires. For the 29er, anywhere from 2.4"-2.6" is good to go.
- Improved roll-over is the most noticeable attribute when it comes to 29” wheels. The big wheels are great for rolling over nasty roots and rocky sections, essentially making it easier to ride these conditions. Improved traction is also a key factor with the increased wheel diameter compared to 27.5” wheels as tire contact to the ground is larger.
- Best Roll-Over Performance
- Carries Momentum
- Maximum Traction surface
- Best stability on easy trails
- Lowest suspension stress
- Great for larger frame sizes
- Increase stability on long curve
- Gambler HMX Carbon-Alloy Frame
- FOX 40 Performance Elite 203mm Fork
- FOX DH X2 200mm Shock
- SRAM GX DH 7 Speed
- SRAM Code R disc brakes
- Maxxis Assegai 2.5" DH Tires
|Frame||Gambler Carbon / IMP technology / HMX, BB107 / Alloy swingarm, VLK Virtual 4 Link kinematic, 27.5" (2.6) and 29" (2.5) tire compatible with Geo -BB adj., SW DH 12x157mm dropout, TBC Trunnion box construction|
|Fork||FOX 40 Performance Elite 29", 203mm travel / Air, GRIP / Lo Comp / Rebound, 20mm Boost thru axle / Alloy steerer|
|Headset||Syncros DH adjustable, Semi integrated / adj +-1° with cup, ID 49.6mm / OD 56mm|
|Rear Shock||FOX DH X2 Performance, Low comp. / rebound / RVS, Custom tuned / 225x75mm, Spring rates S: 400 / M: 450 / L&XL: 500|
Front: 110 x 20mm Boost thru-axle
Rear: 157 x 12mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||Syncros MD30 Disc / 29" / 32H black / Tubeless Ready|
Front: Formula DHL-92 Boost / 110x20mm thru axle
Rear: Formula DHL-157, 157 x 12mm thru axle / sealed bearings
|Spokes||DT Swiss Champion / 2.0 black|
|Tires||Maxxis Assegai 29x2.5" / 2x60TPI Kevlar Bead / DH / TR / 3C Maxx Grip|
|Crankset||SRAM Descendant DH DUB, 34T Alloy chainring DM / 165mm|
|Chainrings||SRAM DUB PF MTB107, Shell 107 x 41mm|
|Bottom Bracket||KMC X11-1|
|Chain||SCOTT DH Custom|
|Front Derailleur||SRAM GX DH, Short cage / 7-Speed|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM CS PG-720 DH 11-25|
|Shifters||SRAM GX DH, Trigger Shifter / 7 Speed, BRAKE LEVERS, SRAM Code R|
|Handlebars||Syncros Hixon 1.5 DH, 31.8mm / 15mm Rise/ 8° / 800mm|
|Tape/Grips||Syncros Pro DH dual lock-on grips|
|Stem||Syncros DH1.5, 31.8mm / Direct Mount 50mm|
|Brake Levers||SRAM Code R|
|Brakes||4 Piston / 200mm / centerline rotor|
|Saddle||Syncros Comox 1.5, Titanium Rails|
|Seat Post||Syncros DH2.0 / 31.6mm / Alloy6061|
|Accessories & Extras||Syncros DH Fender|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Blue/Black / Small||192820161310||274657006|